Diversity in Communication
Join us Thursday, August 19th at 5:00pm for a virtual tour experience! The meeting password is 313
Join us as we explore diversity in the communication industry!
People of color in the communication industry have been an integral part of Detroit’s growth and success for decades but are too often left out of the history books. This virtual tour will take you around the city and throughout the decades to introduce you to some of the most innovative and inspirational people, places and projects that have impacted the communications landscape in Detroit over the last 100 years. This is a virtual tour hosted by The City Institute of Detroit, in lieu of in person tours virtual experiences can achieve the same goal as in-person experiences and can offer their own unique benefits. This is a virtual tour hosted by The City Institute of Detroit, in lieu of in person tours virtual experiences can achieve the same goal as in-person experiences and can offer their own unique benefits.
● Historic trail blazers like WGPR-TV 62 and Barden Cablevision
● On-Air personalities throughout the years like Van Douglas, Martha Jean “The Queen”, and Carmen Harlan
● Diversity in regional publications from Arab-American News to Latino Press
● Radio for multicultural audiences from WJLB to La Z
● Innovative newer projects like Detroit Narrative Agency, New Michigan Media and Indigenizing the News
● Comcast’s Impact Today